Evolis Elypso Thermal Card Printer
Versatile card printer for instant issuance
The Elypso printer was designed for all your individual plastic card printing and personalization needs: monochrome or color, with multiple encoding options.
Specially developed for use at customer-facing counters, Elypso fits seamlessly with your existing systems and is your best choice for instant card personalization.
Elypso is ideal for instant issuance of:
- - Payment cards
- - Transit passes
- - Loyalty cards / gift cards
- - Healthcare cards
CONFIGURATION ON DEMAND
- - According to your needs, Elypso can print either single or dual sided cards.
- - The printer can also be equipped with encoders for magnetic stripe and contact and contactless smart cards.
- - The software architecture of Evolis Premium SDK was designed to make Elypso fit seamlessly with your existing computer systems.
- - Very compact (barely bigger than a standard letter size sheet of paper) and quiet, Elypso is discreet and has a small footprint
EASE OF USE
- - Thanks to Elypso’s unique front-loading design, insertion and retrieval of cards make it easy to access even in tight spaces.
- - With the Evolis Premium Suite® software you can receive notifications and easily control the printer from your computer.
- - Direct-to-card dye-sublimation/Resin thermal transfer
- - Single-sided printing, edge-to-edge
- - Standard 300 x 300 dpi resolution
- - Customizable 300 x 600 dpi resolution (color and monochrome printing) or 300 x 1200 dpi resolution (monochrome printing only)
- - 32 MB memory (RAM) standard - optional 64 MB1
- - Single side : - Color (YMCKO): 20.2 s per card - Monochrome: 6.5 s per card
- - Dual side (YMCKO-K): 27.3 s per card
- - USB (1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0), cable supplied
- - Ethernet TCP-IP 10BaseT, 100BaseT (Traffic Led)
- - 802.11b/g wireless connection as an option
CARD MANAGEMENT AND SPECIFICATIONS
- - Manual feeder: card to card printing
- - Card thickness: 0.50 to 1.25 mm (20 to 50 mil), no gauge adjustment, case by case for the 0.25 mm/10 mil plastic cards
- - Card types: PVC cards, composite PVC cards, PET cards, ABS cards1 , special varnished cards1 • Card format: ISO CR80 - ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm)
- - Upgrade kit for dual-sided printing
- - Reject tray: 30 cards (0.76 mm - 30 mil)
- - Wireless connection 802.11b/g
- - Color touch screen
ADDITIONAL ENCODING MODULES
- - Available modules: - Magnetic stripe encoder ISO 7811 HiCo/LoCo, JIS2 - Smart contact station ISO 7816-2 - Contact smart card encoder - PC/SC, EMV 2000-1 - Contactless smart card encoder - ISO 14443A, B, ISO15693, MIFARE, DESFire, HID iCLASS, UHF (standard compliance: EPC C1 Gen2 / ISO18000-6C ETSI EN 302 208 or FCC part 15.247) - Other specific encoders upon request
- - Internal USB or IP ports
- - Options can be combined
- - Factory-installed or installed on site
- - Support for Kensington® security lock
- - Data encryption for magnetic encoding1
- - Printer LEDs
- - Color touch screen as an option
- - Graphical notifications from the printer2 : cleaning alerts, empty/low level ribbon alert, etc.
EVOLIS HIGH TRUST® RIBBONS To maximise the quality and durability of printed cards, the lifespan of the print head and the overall printer reliability, use Evolis High Trust® ribbons.
- - Automatic identification and setting
- - Delivered in a drop-in cassette for easy handling
- - Ribbon saver for monochrome printing List of ribbons available on www.evolis.com
- - Delivered with Evolis Premium Suite® for Windows®: - Printer driver - Evolis Print Center for printer administration and settings - Evolis Printer Manager for graphical notification3 - 24/7 online support - Compatible with Windows® (32/64 bits): XP SP3, Vista, W7, W8, W10
- - Delivered with a driver for Mac OS X (from 10.6)
- - Linux upon request
- - Evolis Premium SDK for remote supervision of the printer, while facilitating and speeding up integration into IT systems
ECO-FRIENDLY DESIGN, CERTIFICATIONS AND STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE
- - Standby, sleep modes & reduced energy consumption
- - CE, FCC, ICES, VCCI, CCC, KC, EAC, BIS
- - RoHS
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - Size (H x W x D): 195 x 205 x 314 mm (7.68’’ x 8.07’’ x 12.36’’)
- - Weight: 2.95 kg (6.5 lbs) WARRANTY
- - 1-year warranty (printer and print head)4
- - Warranty extension available as an option