Evolis Quantum 2 Thermal Card Printer
The centralized card production system
Encoding:Magnetic stripes, Smart contact, Smart contactless
Card lifespan:1-3 years
Number of cards per year:More than 30,000
Card security level:High
The power of an industrial card printer. The flexibility of a desktop printer
The Quantum card printer is the solution for printing and encoding cards in large volumes.
It personalizes the cards front and back, in color or monochrome, with a printing speed ofmore than 1000 cards per hour.
Quantum combines the feel of a desktop printer with the power of an industrial printer forcentralized production of plastic cards in large quantities.
Quantum is ideal for delivering large volumes of:
- - ID badges
- - Loyalty cards
- - Transit passes
- - Event badges
- - Student cards
- - Payment cards
- - Phone cards
- - With a feed tray and stacker capacity of 500 cards each, the Quantum printer can deliver more than 1000 cards per hour in monochrome and 150 cards in color.
- - Thanks to reversible encoding module (magnetic stripes, contact smart cards and contactless cards) independent from the print module, the cards are encoded and printed in a single pass.
- - Quantum has been designed to be personalized on-site, directly by the user. For instance, you can add or reverse an encoder very easily and quickly.
- - The card production system adapts to your evolutive needs: single or dual sided printing, diverse encoding modules, printing options and plastic card types available.
- - Quantum can handle large volumes of cards with very high print quality, providing a very economical alternative to industrial card printers.
- - You can control your costs and produce your cards yourself instead of having to go to an outside provider.
- - 2 configurations: - Standard version without locking mechanism - Version with centralized locking system
- - Direct-to-card dye-sublimation/Resin thermal transfer
- - Single-sided and dual-sided printing module
- - Edge-to-edge printing
- - 300 dpi print head (11.8 dots/mm)
- - 16 MB memory (RAM) allowing two card storages (front & back)
- - Interchangeable input and output hoppers, capacity of 500 cards each (0.76 mm - 30 mil)
- - Aluminum body, black plastic covers
- - Single side: - Color (YMCKO): 150 cards/hour - Monochrome: 1000 cards/hour
- - Dual side: - Color (YMCKO-K): 115 cards/hour - Monochrome: 320 cards/hour
- - USB (1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0), cable supplied
- - Ethernet TCP-IP 10BaseT, 100BaseT (Traffic Led)
CARD MANAGEMENT AND SPECIFICATIONS
- - Detachable and interchangeable card input feeder and output stack with 500 cards capacity (0.76 mm - 30 mil)
- - Reject hopper for defective cards with a capacity of 20 cards (0.76mm - 30mil)
- - Card types: PVC cards, composite PVC cards, PET cards, ABS cards1 , special varnished cards1
- - Card format: ISO CR80 - ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm)
- - Thickness: 0.76mm to 1mm (30 to 40 mil)
- - Locking system to secure access to the whole system (incl. cards and ribbon)
- - Quantum Production Pack: 1 detachable card hopper with short door, 2 cleaning rollers, 1 cleaning kit
- - Quantum Backup Pack: 1 print head, 1 reversible encoding module, 1 detachable card hopper with short door
- - Detachable hopper (long or short doors) with a capacity of 500 cards (0.76 mm - 30 mil) ADDITIONAL ENCODING MODULES
- - Reversible upper and lower encoding unit for magnetic stripes and contact smart cards (patented) • HiCo/LoCo magnetic stripe encoder ISO 7811 or JIS2
- - Smart contact station – ISO 7816-2
- - Connecting panel and mounting area for users own integration of encoding units
- - Encoding options: - Smart encoding unit – PC/SC, EMV 2000-1 - Contactless encoding unit - ISO14443A & B, MIFARE, DESFire, HID iCLASS - Other types upon request
Centralized locking system (optional)
2-line LCD display
Status LED for printer and encoding unit monitoring
EVOLIS HIGH TRUST® RIBBONS
To maximize the quality and durability of printed cards, the lifespan of the print head and the overall printer reliability, use Evolis High Trust® ribbons.
Ribbon saver for monochrome printing List of ribbons available on www.evolis.com
- - Delivered with cardPresso XXS for designing and editing badges: - Internal database (unlimited records) - Windows® (from XP onwards) and Mac OS X
- - Windows® (32/64 bits): XP SP3, Vista, W7, W8, W10
- - Mac OS X v10.4 and higher (upon request)
- - Linux (upon request)
CERTIFICATIONS AND STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE
SIZE AND WEIGHT
Size (H x W x D): - Without hoppers: 215 x 300 x 850 mm (8.46” x 11.81” x 33.46”) - With hoppers: 567 x 300 x 850 mm (22.32” x 11.81” x 33.46”)
Weight: 21.7 kg / 47.8 lbs (18.3 kg / 40.3 lbs without hoppers)
1-year warranty (printer and print head) limited to 500,000 insertions2
Warranty extension available as an option